Sunday, September 30, 2012

Graduate School


Since Michigan State University does not specifically offer a physical therapy major, I have been looking into other schools that offer graduate programs for physical therapists. I have also been looking at some of the requirements and prerequisites that I will need to complete in order to attend graduate school. I found an article that listed some of the required courses. I learned that general biology, chemistry, physics, anatomy, and physiology courses are all required for a physical therapy major. The article talks about what a person does at graduate school.  It explains there is training and at training a person will learn how to diagnose patients, how to communicate with patients, and also how to handle various situations. The article also lists some graduate schools that have very good physical therapy programs. It mentions that the University of Southern California and the University of Delaware have the best physical therapy programs. This makes me realize that I should be taking many of my science courses early in my college career so that I will be prepared when I graduate. It also makes me think about where I want to end up when I graduate because it would be a good idea to base my graduate school around that.

Work Cited:

"Physical Therapy Schools – General Information for Interested Students ." Physical Therapy Schools Guide. Education Theme on Genesis Framework, 5 June 2012. Web. 30 Sept. 2012. <http://thephysicaltherapyexperts.com/40/physical-therapy-schools-general-information-for-interested-students/>.

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely relate to you in relation to your need to attend graduate school. It is something that I have to do as well, but I fortunately will attend Michigan State University for my fifth year. It is very good that you are proactive in your search for a graduate school. It is also important that you are dissecting the curriculum and finding out what prerequisites are necessary to guarantee your success in the program. Finally, I think it is a great idea to attend graduate school for the obvious reason that you will be more profitable when it comes time to apply for jobs and internships. Best of luck in your continued research!

    ReplyDelete