Friday, October 19, 2012

Job Shadowing


This past summer my mom encouraged me to think about what I wanted to major in, specifically what I wanted to do with my life. I felt completely overwhelmed. I really didn’t know where to start. As I child, I never had the dream of becoming a doctor or teacher like most other children. I decided to start looking into a few of the things I like to do. One of these things, ironically enough, was physical therapy. At the time, this worked out perfectly because my aunt is a physical therapist. My mom and I both thought it would be a great idea if I job-shadowed her for a day. When I did this, I got to see what the facility is like, what kind of patients she treats, and also the equipment she uses. Not only that, but I also got to see how she treats those patients and what she does on a day-to-day basis. This experience was way different than anything I have ever read. Nothing can compare to seeing exactly what a physical therapist does in person. I could always imagine what it might be like, but I really didn’t know what it was actually like until I experienced it.

No comments:

Post a Comment