Friday, October 19, 2012

Job Outlook

I was interested to find out the median pay, education level, work experience requirements, and the job outlook for physical therapy. The Bureau of Labor Statistics provides all of this information on an organized chart. (Displayed below)

Physical Therapists
2010 Median Pay$76,310 per year 
$36.69 per hour
Entry-Level EducationDoctoral or professional degree
Work Experience in a Related OccupationNone
On-the-job TrainingNone
Number of Jobs, 2010198,600
Job Outlook, 2010-201239% (Much faster than average)
Employment Change, 2010-201277,400


From this chart, I can see that the job outlook is very good right now. This means that it will not be too difficult to get a job after I graduate. Not only that, but the number of jobs is also relatively high. Learning these statistics makes me more and more excited for what my future holds.

Work Cited:
"Physical Therapists Summary." U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Jan. 2010. Web. 19 Oct. 2012. <http://www.bls.gov/ooh/Healthcare/Physical-therapists.htm>.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Annalie, I'm Kendall from the other WRA 150 class and i really liked your blog. i found all of your information really interesting and neat to read. Where do you think you'll be working as a Physical Therapist? Also what type of physical therapist do you want to become? I find this profession so intriguing, and i can't wait to read more of your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is a great relief!! I know many of us who are going through college and classes for our major are thinking if this Education will pay off immediately after our schooling is over. I bet it is a great feeling to know that a job shouldn't be too hard to find. I know that there is a great need for Special Education teachers which is comforting to me, but I assume that you are thrilled and less stressed knowing that your major of Physical Therapy which is a more competitive field, has a good job perspective.

    ReplyDelete